Part Time or Full Time
Job Location: Petoskey, MI
Paid Internship: $10/hr
Starting as soon as May 7
We are offering summer internships for Graphic Designers and Web Developers.
What to Expect
- You will work closely with the managing partner of the company
- You will meet with clients at our office and at theirs
- Help the organization evolve by providing insights and strategies around emerging website trends
- Work with the team to brainstorm and design marketing concepts and executions
- Communicate and present concepts for internal and client marketing campaigns
- Back-end development in PHP and/or Node.js
- Add copy, graphics and video to webpages using our Sungem content management system
- Work with a team of designers, developers, and system administrators to successfully launch websites.
- Attend client meetings and provide input on how to reach a younger audience
- Stay up to date on current and future website trends
- University level Computer Science coursework, or comparable workplace experience
- Professional experience, preferred
- Comfortable on Mac computers
- Passion for web technology is essential
- Experience with git
- You should have code samples that show your ability to comment and organize your functions.
- An interest in and an understanding of websites and API's
- Superior communication skills and able to think strategically and speak not just as a developer, but as a member of a team, a brand, and a business
- Your ability to be a respectful and conscientious team player and to work together on shared goals is of utmost importance
- Your ability to gracefully let go of a favorite idea in order to serve the need of the project and the brand is crucial
- Sungem is a small business with one partner in Petoskey and the other in Chicago
- Have been building websites since 1997 (helloooo Netscape!), with over 30 years of collective design and development experience.
- Designed and developed a custom CMS that hosts over 100 websites and handles more than 750,000 pageviews per month.
How To Apply
Please email email@example.com the following:
- Explain why you want to spend your summer developing websites in northern Michigan
- Links or a portfolio of your work or code
- Links to examples of websites you found online that you believe look incredible
- Education history, work history and three references.
- Digital Strategy
- Web Development
- Real People